The Pros and Cons of owning a Taco Truck
So you’re thinking about getting into the food truck business, huh? You’re not alone; the mobile food industry is booming right now. But before you take the plunge, you need to ask yourself one question: is a taco truck a good investment? In this blog post, we’ll break down the pros and cons of owning a taco truck so that you can make an informed decision.
The Pros of Owning a Taco Truck:
1. Low overhead costs. When compared to traditional brick-and-mortar restaurants, food trucks have much lower overhead costs. This means that you can get up and running without having to take out a large loan.
2. Increased flexibility. With a food truck, you can take your business wherever the customers are. Whether that’s setting up shop near office buildings at lunchtime or catering events in the evenings, you have the freedom to choose your own hours and locations.
3. Unique marketing opportunities. A food truck is a great way to get your brand out there in a unique and memorable way. People are always looking for new and interesting food options, so if you can make your truck stand out from the crowd, you’re sure to attract attention (and customers!).
The Cons of Owning a Taco Truck:
1. Difficulties with permits and regulations. Depending on where you live, getting all the necessary permits and licenses to operate a food truck can be quite difficult (and expensive). Make sure to do your research before taking the plunge.
2. Weather concerns. If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions (think: cold winters or hot summers), operating a food truck can be challenging (not to mention dangerous). Again, do your research before making any decisions.
3. Long hours. Running a food truck is no 9-5 job; expect to put in long hours (and some weekends) if you want your business to be successful. Are you prepared to make that commitment?
Only you can answer the question of whether or not owning a taco truck is a good investment; it depends on factors like your location, business acumen, and work ethic. However, we hope that this blog post has given you something to think about as you weigh your options. Good luck!
Is a taco truck a good investment? Food franchises are among the most profitable, and food trucks are a good investment. Most food truck franchise owners generate close to or over six figures every year. Food trucks trends are taking off. The industry is worth millions of dollars and continued growth is expected.
How much does it cost to rent a food truck in NYC? Food truck rental pricing generally ranges between $10 to $20 per guest, with a $1.500 minimum cost.
How do I get a food truck in NYC? An application for a new license must be submitted in person by the applicant; none will be accepted by mail or by a representative of the applicant. All applicants must register and pay for a mobile food vending food protection course at the time they apply for a license.
How many food trucks are in NYC? According to Eater: “New York is home to as many as 12,000 food vendors, even though only a few thousand permits exist.” Out of the 12,000 vendors, there are only 5,100 valid food vendor permits currently allotted by the city’s Department of Health.