Are food carts legal in India? Food trucks do not have a legal provision to function (not just in Bengaluru but anywhere else in India). Many of them operate with a food industry licence that does not permit them to cook or sell on the road.
How much does it cost to make a food truck in India? An average food truck can cost anywhere between INR 8-10 lakhs in India. On the upper end of the spectrum, a fully equipped food truck can even cost up to 20 lakhs.
Are food trucks successful in India? Yes, food trucks are a profitable business, but it requires an initial investment and a high-quality product, i.e., food that customers would enjoy. If you are confident in your food and can afford the initial cost, you should start a food truck business.
How do I start a healthy food truck business?
- Plan your costs and find a truck.
- Get approved by the Board of Health.
- Get permits and licenses.
- Decide how you’re going to prepare your food.
- Hire employees and get mobile food vendor badges.
- Figure out where to park.
- Start marketing and promoting your food truck.
- Consider using a point-of-sale system.